Bernie pic

Bernie pic
Bernie

Tuesday 25 December 2012

Please warn Grandma

Guest Book Review



4.0 out of 5 stars Not for the faint of heart but greatDecember 25, 2012
This review is from: Iraqi Icicle 2nd edition (Kindle Edition)
"Iraqi Icicle" is definitely not your average run of the mill crime drama. Oddly, there are very few categories where a book could be listed that I can't imagine this fitting in some way or another. While this book does have a hefty dose of profanity, there were times when I felt it added to the story and other times when it made me laugh.
This is a hard book to describe without accidentally giving something away as there is so much going on underneath the cover. Steele Hill is a character that I felt had the correct amount of inner turmoil and personality that made him not only fun to read, but memorable. There were some good secondary characters in this book too, but Steele definitely steals the show. This author certainly has a sense of how to keep his reader in suspense. This book deals with some hardcore subjects, but I thought the author did so in a way that made it exciting to read.

This book is gritty and a little dangerous and if you are in for a seat of your pants kind of ride this might just be the thing. Be careful though, I have warned you that this is not your grandma's fireside novel!

Buy Iraqi Icicle HERE

You can imagine the conversation with Gran:
You: "Don't read Iraqi Icicle, Grandma!"
Gran:"Don't bother me, dear; I'm reading Fifty Shades of Grey."

I thought Iraqi Icicle was only a trifle profane, but then I was brought up on Grandma's knee listening to her sing her favorite song.


Cheers, Bernie

No comments:

Post a Comment