Bernie pic

Bernie pic
Bernie

Wednesday 14 December 2011

Women writers men must read

We interrupt this regular log for a special public service announcement......
In May this year Esquire published a list of 75 Books Every Man Should Read. I went through the list in a hurry but I am pretty sure only one was written by a woman, Flannery O'Çonnor and that had "man" in the title, A Good Man Is Hard to Find. I think we should send Esquire an alternative list with one male author. We need to get to 75 and I know some of you will send in your favourite Jane Austen, so I will leave them alone. We are only numbering these so we know when we hit 75. There is no particular order. We may have to call a vote if a suggestion is suspect. Anyway my two for starters are  1. Wuthering Heights, Emily Bronte 2. Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, Anita Loos. We have 73 to go so send them in.
Jane Sauffs  has supplied ‎3. Gone With The Wind, Margaret Mitchell and 4. Little Women, Louisa May Alcott. I have 5. Seven Little Australians Ethel Turner and 6. To Kill a Mockingbird Harper Lee.
Press the comment button to supply more.

No comments:

Post a Comment